Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Rest of Norway

     One of my favorite things so far about Norway has been breakfast. Sofie made us a traditional breakfast most of the days we were there. Which was fabulous. For breakfast they heat up bagettes which you put cheese, meats, tomatoes, and cucumbers on, and eat it like an open faced sandwich. Paul thought it was interesting having lunch for breakfast, but I thought it was brilliant! I am not a huge fan of sweet breakfast, so this type of breakfast was right up my alley.
    My camera died yesterday at the end of our hike. I tried several ways to charge it, but I don't have a converter for Norwegian plugs. That means no pictures for today. Today we walked the shops. We went down to the city centre to see the town and look at the architecture.
     The weather was actually pretty decent while we were there. We got warm enought that Moa and Sofie suggested going for a swim in the lake. We got our swim suits and packed a little snack. Moa is a crazy goon and jumped right into the water. Paul and I took a little bit of time to get adjusted to the coldness of the lake. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't a heated pool or anything. We finally got submerged and decided we were good to go back to the towels. Sofie and David came in and joined us in the lake for a little bit. After we stood around shivering in the water for several minutes we decided to take our conversation into the sun.
      Once we finished heating up and enjoying our snacks we headed back home. David, Sofie, Paul, and I all went to the gym after. I loved it. I hadn't done any real exercise in a week. Just walking and hiking. So this was so great for me to actually sweat and feel my muscles work. Once finished at the gym Paul and I went to the store to buy us some chocolate. We spent 300 sum kroner on chocolate. That equates to a little over 50 sumthin US dollars. It was worth every penny though. Norwegian chocolate is AMAZING!
     Tomorrow we fly to Aberdeen Scotland and more adventures will take place!

No comments:

Post a Comment