Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On Holiday Part 3 (Aberdeen and Dundee)

     Our flight landed in Scotland at 9 in the morning. That left us with lots of time to play around and get where we were going for the night. Our trip started off not so great. We had to wait for our rental car for basically over an hour. I was getting a little impatient by then. We finally got our shuttle ride to the rental place and started to get everything figured out. The upside to this was that I had a little time to charge my camera before we saw some sights I wanted to capture on camera.
     After our car, we picked up one of Pauls friends from the mission Aimee Potts. She came with us around town and we saw some sights. We went to Pauls old flat from the mission. We visited a statue, and we drove down the Aberdeen City Centre and looked at all of the magnificent granite buildings. We had this massive pizza called the beast and it was great. However, a massive pizza for only 3 people is a lot of pizza. Pretty sure we are going to have leftovers for ever!

Standing in front Paul's old flat in Aberdeen (Yes it was weird taking a picture in front of a random persons apartment)


Visiting William Wallace Statue


Call me immature but I saw this sign, giggled and HAD to take a picture

This is the BEAST with Paul's hand in the picture to show you how massivly big it really is!

Paul knew Aimee from his mission. They were really good buddies

     We dropped off Aimee and set off to drive down to Dundee. Sadly I was completely exhausted and fell asleep for most of the drive. Paul is such a great man for putting up with me. I guess I don't handle jet lag well because I have been SO tired most of this trip. Everytime we have a long car ride, I fall asleep quick. Anway, half way though the trip we stopped at Dunnottar Castle. LOVED this castle. I personally think this castle is better than Blarney in Ireland. The grounds and buildings are so much bigger. The location is beautiful, and the castle has been kept very well. Sadly it has been raining all day, so there was a very thick fog around the castle while we were there. I tried to get some pictures of the ocean and the view, and they are misted over. Looking at it for me was beautifull, but the pictures on the camera don't do it justice because of the fog.

The Castle in the distance surrounded by lots of mist

Looking out the window at the ocean

Paul sitting on a porch or something?


The castle is behind us, but again you can't see it because of the mist

     We left the castle and headed to Dundee. We are staying with the old stake president of a ward Paul served in in Dundee. Ian and Vivienne Snee. Of couse I fell asleep again. Poor Paul. Once we got to the Snee's we unpacked, met their kids and grandkids had some dinner and went to bed. Bedtime for us today is 7:30. Both of us are exhausted. I keep falling asleep, and we are still jet lagged. Hopefully with a good nights rest we will be able to enjoy tomorrows fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment