Sunday, July 21, 2013

On Holiday Part 2: Norway

     After visiting Ireland, Norway was our next stop. Paul has a "sister" that lives in Norway, and we wanted to go visit her and her family. We had no issues with our flight or luggage this time, so that was really nice. We got to Norway on Saturday evening and just kind of hung around a little bit.
     Sunday after church we went for a walk on the beach. I had lots of fun. Paul and I tossed the frisbee around for a bit. Sofie (Paul's sister), and Moa, (Sofie's daughter), brought a kite that we enjoyed flying. It was a little weird not having to work hard to get the kite up. In Cedar the wind is never consistent and when it is it is too much to fly a kite with. But here, the kite went right up, and it stayed up. No loop the loops. No squiggles. It just stayed right up there in the wind.
     The beach here had TONS of jellyfish. There were people out there swimming in it, which totally surprised me! I can't imagine swimming in jellfish infested waters, but they did it. Moa and I tried a couple of times to catch a jellyfish in the frisbee. It was too scary though. The tentacles on most of them were really long so we just didn't want to risk getting stung.

One of the massive jellyfish that Moa and I tried to catch

     After we came home from the beach, David had made us a delicious dinner. We played some games and went to bed. I just have to say that my sleep schedule is SO messed up right now. The sun doesn't go down until midnight or a little after. I am used to going to bed around 9 or 10 when the sun goes down. But here I just want to stay up until it gets dark enough to sleep. Oh well. I am awake enough to enjoy everything so I guess thats all that really matters.

The Ocean in Norway

Paul, Sofie, Kevin and dog Jazz walking down the beach

I took this picture because the sandy hills reminded me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for some reason. 

The ocean!!

Moa playing in the water. I was to afraid a jelly might get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment