Sunday, July 28, 2013

Church in Inverness

     Paul and I had the opportunity to go to church in Inverness. This was a very new experience for me. I have been to church in small wards before, but it was very different here. The ward truly is like a family. There were about 40 people there but they said that was a big crowd for sunday. Just try to imagine for a minute, the men have priesthood in the chapel. The women have relief society in the overflow behind the chapel (which fit about 10 women cramped). The overflow is cut in half so the nursery can use the other half of it. The primary and the young men/women have portables outside that  they have their meetings in. And, they don't have AC in the buildings! Lucky for us it wasn't as hot as its been. The church was tiny, crowded, loud, but so spiritual. Everyone participated in the lessons, everyone worked together, and everyone was so welcoming. It is so refreshing to see a little ward working so hard.
    After church Liz Wilson's grandkids came over for some lunch. We played some games with them, taught them how to play jungle speed, then we left to go visit Fort George. Fort George is an old military base that is actually still in use. It was pretty amazing to see the location and design. We also stopped and went to the beach. It was cold, but it was sure pretty.



We think it is a moat? Maybe?

I LOVE the red telephone booths. I had to get a picture!





A view of the barracks!

Paul looking thoughtfully out at the ocean



Me being, me haha

A turret looking type thing


This is the ocean in Inverness!

Yeah, the beach is cold here!

We are a couple of goof balls!


We timed the tide perfectly hehe.


It was too cold to make a sand castle, so I used one finger to do something in the sand.

Paul had to copy cat me! 


    Our last stop of the day was to visit a family very special to Paul. We went to visit Claire McQueen and her three kids. Paul had a blast getting Claire's kids all riled up. I am sure she was so grateful for that! Claire's two little boys Michael and Noah do street dancing. We convinced them to show us some of their moves. I am so impressed that they have the strength and balance to do that. Claire's daughter Iona does Scottish dancing and she was so awesome and did an entire dance for us! I can tell Paul is really close to that family, and I hope that I can continue to get to know them better. I already felt like we were family when we left them Sunday night My only regret is that we forgot to take a picture with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment