Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Edinburgh Tattoo

       Today was quite an adventure. Its hard to think that our time here in Scotland is pretty much over, but the more I think about it, the more excited I get for salad, and normalcy in my life again. This morning we went on a hike to Arthur's Seat, also know as Pratt's hill. Paul hiked this hike a lot during his mission, so it had significancy to him.
     We also went to the Edinburgh tattoo. Sofie, David, and Moa, (Paul's family from Norway), met up with us before the Tattoo and had dinner with us. The Tattoo was so cool. It is basically a big performance with lots of musicians and dancers from all over the world. America was not represented in the Tattoo this year, but lots of other amazing countries were. I am a little more partial to percussion because of my background in percussion, so when the percussion parts of the group came out, I just LOVED them. They had dancers from Mexico, England, New Zealand, Asia, and a few others I can't remember along with the scottish pipe band. This truly was a way to end our trip with a bang!

At the top of Pratt's hill. It was SOOO windy I almost got blown off the top!


Purple flowers! They are everywhere so I had to get a good picture of them

We stopped at the Elephant House, which is the cafe that J.K. Rowling sat down to write Harry Potty

We stopped and got the most amazing shakes of my life! They were SO good. Paul got a strawberry cheesecake something or other, and they literally put a slice of strawberry cheese cake in the blender with his ice cream! I had a caramel toffee something or other where they also put a caramel type cookie in the blender with my ice cream. If I they had one of these in the states I would go ALL the time!

The pipe band at the Tattoo

Edinburgh Castle in the background

The castle lit up all red!



The motorcycle group from England (they had kids as young as like 6 doing tricks on motor bikes!)



All the actors lining up at the end of the show



No comments:

Post a Comment