Friday, January 30, 2015

Update on Life

     I have been pretty good about updating the blog when it comes to Jace, but I have been horrible when it comes to the goings on of Paul and myself. So Just a quick little update as of today.
      Paul has been asked to senior several jobs this busy season, (which is both good and bad). Good because he has only been an employee at Tanner for 1 year and they trust him enough to promote him and give him more responsibilities. Bad because more responsibilities means more work. His busy season last year was easy peasy, just over 40 hour weeks. This year we estimate him working 50-60 hour weeks on average. He said he has liked the challenge, but it is also somewhat intense having other people rely on you, and being held responsible for training them. He doesn't want to screw someone up because he trained them incorrectly. I think that he will do just fine though. He has been gone all week working at a client in Reno, NV. Its been interesting with a sick and teething baby. But we have made it work. He has been working 10-12 hour days this week, so he says that he can't wait to come home and be with the family again, and not have to worry about work for a few days.
     Paul hopefully took his last CPA test (for the last time) this month. We find out in a week and both of us are dying. I feel like he passed. I feel really good about it. But there is always that what if. And last time he took this test he felt sure he passed, and he didn't. This time he felt like it could go either way. Which usually means he passed. But AHHH the suspense is killing us both. We keep praying that he passed because him needing to study, and being in the middle of busy season would be so so hard. I really wouldn't have a husband if it came down to that. But I don't think it will. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he is licensed by March at the latest. He still has some small state tests to take to be fully licensed, but wants to wait until he knows he passed before he starts taking them.
      Paul and I took a day date and went snowboarding last week. It was so great to be up on the mountain, out of the horrible air. It was definitely hard to leave Jace for the whole day. But it was also nice to relax and not worry, (as much as possible), about the baby. We didn't get up to Snowbird until around 10:30 and we only stayed till about 3. But for us, out of shape, old fogies, it was just what we needed. Paul doesn't enjoy it quite as much as I do, because he has only recently started. But he said that he felt like he was boarding well enough that he actually enjoyed some parts of it.
     We also got to go and see the US premiere of The Count of Monte Cristo musical at BYU. It was So amazing! I just have to tell you that both Paul and I thought that it was one of the best plays that we have ever been to. The cast did an amazing job, and the graphic design that they implemented as part of the set was incredible!!! It is so cool to see what technology can do. If you have the opportunity to see it, definitely do!
      The stay at home mom Kylee hasn't been up to much. I work out at least 5 days a week with my friend Meagan. I am still tutoring and nannying a few days a week. And just taking care of Jace. I get a few projects done here and there, but nothing big and fancy. With the warmer weather we have been having this past week, Jace and I have played out side a few times. I have set up a hammock chair to sort of double up as a swing, and he loves it. It wraps around him like a cocoon and he just grins and giggles while I push him. I can't wait until the weather is good and I can take him to the park. He is getting to the age where he will actually like going to play at the park. No major exciting news or crazy adventures this month. But hopefully as the weather gets warmer there will be lots more to share!
This is how Paul takes a break when we go snowboarding ;)

I just LOVE the views you get when you are up in the mountains away from everything. 

Paul thought I needed a picture of me that wasn't a selfie. How thoughtful :)

The two of us having a great time with out a baby for a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment