Sunday, May 4, 2014

Paul's Masters Graduation

     Paul completed his Masters degree in accounting back in December, but SUU only has one commencement ceremony in the spring. So if he wanted to walk and do all that fun stuff he had to wait until May. He was able to take a day off of work so he could come down Thursday and prepare for his graduation on Friday. His brother Peter also graduated on Friday in the same college as Paul, (it was really nice to only have to sit through one convocation rather than two).
     Paul's parents came down so they could attend both of their sons graduations. They stayed will us and it was fun to have them, but I feel bad that they had to sleep on the floor/couch. After being in social Siberia with myself for the past 2 weeks, it was really nice to have people in the house! It was a little overwhelming going from just Kylee to Kylee plus a husband plus the in-laws, but after I adjusted to noise and clutter it wasn't bad at all.
    Friday we had graduation pretty much all day. The processional was at 8:30 so naturally we had to be there at 8. Then the commencement was at 9. Ann Romney was the main speaker and she did a great job. I was very grateful to have the opportunity to hear her speak. Although sitting in those stadium chairs just about killed me. My feet got super swollen and pretty much haven't gone down since then. Aside from that, after commencement we all had lunch together at the All American Diner. A classic diner in Cedar City that all the locals have to eat at at least once in their lives.
     After lunch we ran home to have my dad load some of our stuff into his trailer. He came down to pick up my sister Kalena from school and some how I convinced him to bring the trailer and take a load of Paul and my stuff up to Salt Lake. We had him take a bunch of our big stuff and it was pretty great. Our house is slowly getting emptied of its contents, but its nice to have less "crap" to worry about packing a month from now.
     Dad left and we rushed back over to SUU for the business convocation. THANKFULLY it was way shorter than they planned! I didn't have to sit for much longer than an hour which I was truly truly grateful for. I don't think I could have lasted much longer than I did anyway. We finished graduation and went to Peter and Jessica's for a little bit. Then we went to dinner, came back to Peter and Jessica's and played games for multiple hours. Finally the gang finished their game of T-birdopoly and we could all go home and go to bed.

     Saturday the boys went and played golf. Jessica and her family, (Peter not included), went to visit family, and Julie and I went hiking. I was hoping that if I went hiking it would put me into labor. We hiked half of the incredibly steep, infamous "C" trail to no avail. I hardly had any Braxton Hicks contractions let alone real ones. I was hoping though, that I would at least feel sore the next day, but sadly I wasn't sore either.
     After everyone got home we prepared a picnic lunch and had a great time at the canyon park. We even convinced Rex, my father in law, to play bocce ball with us, (he is not a big game fan). After our picnic, Paul and I went to visit Shay, Ray, Ada and Dion. Shay and Ray were visiting from Manti and we just had to go and see them while they came to visit. After visiting with them we picked up pizza and had a party with the family. We chatted for a while then went out to ice cream.

     Sunday was a lazy morning. Paul sort of let me sleep in. That is one of the things I have had to get used to with him being home with me. He gets up way early and I just want to lay in bed a little longer. He did let me stay in bed a little longer than his sense of usual, but not much. Paul's parents went to church with Peter and Jessica, so Paul and I had some time to ourselves before we went to church. It was nice to decompress and relax after having company all weekend. I am grateful that Paul has been able to be home with me, and I am even more grateful that he will get to stay with me for the next few weeks. Now all we have to do is be patient and wait for baby boy to come. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later, but I guess we will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment