Thursday, May 8, 2014

40 Weeks and Then Some!

     As of today I am a few days "past due." I am still trying to decide how I feel about it. I know that a due date is a rough estimate and that it can be + or - 2 weeks of my due date that baby will actually come. It is a little hard not worry so much about the educations people have drilled into our minds about babies coming right on their due date, and if they are late you need to be induced and all of that nonsense. Our official "due date" was May 6th. It has only been 2 days since that day and it has gotten easier each day to not worry so much about what everyone else thinks.
      I did have contractions the night before baby was due. Strong enough that they woke me up in the middle of the night. I was excited that something might actually be happening. But after getting up, using the bathroom and laying back down in bed they stopped. And baby's "due date" came and went and there was nothing else of it. The midwives stopped by and had an appointment with Paul and me and we just took their advice of not expecting anything for a week and let it sink in.
     Thankfully we didn't have any melt downs or freak outs, but I think both of us were a little disappointed that it wasn't going to happen as quickly as we were hoping for, but we are trying to stay positive and optimistic that when our baby is ready he will come. Since then we have just been positive and hopeful that each day we will be closer to having our son in our arms.
     It has been really nice to have Paul here with me. I feel like we have had time to reconnect with each other and grow closer as a couple before we have our baby. I just worry a little bit that baby will be 2 weeks "late" and Paul will have to leave for SLC shortly after his birth. I feel peace in my heart though that everything will work out and that I should stop worrying about timelines. So I try harder every day to humble myself and have the faith that Paul will be here and be able to spend some time with our son before he has to go back to work up North. Until then we are just hanging in there waiting and trying to be patient in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment