Tuesday, April 15, 2014

37 Weeks

    I am still managing to hang in there. I am actually feeling pretty great right now. I baby must have shifted positions because exercising hasn't been a problem for about a week and a half now. I used to have the hardest time even walking a mile. But I have been able to go 2.5+ miles the past few days and still have energy for weights and some floor work. Maybe its the surge of energy that you get right before labor. Or maybe its not :) Either way, I am grateful to have more energy and motivation to get myself out and moving and get things done around the house.
      My principal finally replaced me at work. I don't know how I feel about it quite yet. I am excited to be staying at home, but I have made so many amazing friends working at Three Peaks that I know when it truly comes down to it, it is going to be really hard to leave them all behind. But hey, adventure is out there, and its time to start my next one.
    I have continued to work on some of the hypnobirthing relaxation techniques and I have to say it is really quite interesting. On my walks the past few weeks, I get Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy (especially when I am trying to speed walk), which tends to make my walk a little more uncomfortable than it needs to be. But this week I started using my relaxation techniques and putting myself into a relaxed state, even while walking, and I do have to say it works. I could tell I was having contractions, but they didn't phase me. I was able to enjoy my walk, and just be at peace in my mind, and relaxed all over. I know that I will need to continue practicing them if I want to be relaxed during labor, but I feel like I have had a few good practice rounds.
     Baby is doing good. He is just chillin. I have sat and "talked" with him, and I know he isn't ready to come yet. I tried to convince him to come a little early but I know he isn't ready. I can feel that he is excited to join our family, but he just needs more time to prepare for the journey to join us. He is responding to me and to music more these past few weeks than he has before. I was listening to the radio a few days ago on my way to work and Pharrel Williams song "Happy" came on, and at the part where it says "clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" my little man totally started to kick and wiggle to the beat. It was the cutest thing. He must have been having a good morning.
    My family came down to take their foreign exchange student to visit Zion and Bryce Canyon. I took a day off of work so that I could spend some time with them. It was certainly quite different going on lots of walks and sight seeing with a big ole belly. But I enjoyed being able to spend some time with my family. My mom and I worked on baby boy's kilt for his blessing day. Its pretty much all finished except for the pin that will hold the whole thing together. Now he just needs a sporran and a shirt and he will be ready to go!
   
Yes I look like a schlum but I needed to take a picture this week before I forgot. I have been lazy and not as photo happy the past week. He is definitely getting bigger. But that means he is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment