Tuesday, April 8, 2014

36 weeks!

     I actually managed to get my next post up before a month has passed by! I am really going to try and write down how I feel over these next 4-5 weeks so that I can remember for myself what the last leg of pregnancy was like. I know I still have at least a month before little boy is born, but I totally feel like he could come sooner than that and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
     I thought I was getting used to Paul coming to visit then leaving, but my hormones must be reaching an all time high as pregnancy progresses because I swear it gets harder every time he leaves. I guess it is a good sign that I don't like him to leave; just means that I love him like crazy.
     My belly is starting to get unusually heavy. I feel like I might tip over if someone accidentally pushed me forwards! But I do have to say one thing that has been kind of exciting is that thus far I have managed to evade getting tiger stripes (stretch marks). :) I am sure that one of these days I will sneeze and they will pop out all over my body. But for now, I am grateful that my body hasn't changed too too much all at once.
     I haven't been craving a whole lot this past month. I was on a carrot kick for a while. I had to eat lots of carrots with this delicious dip that my best friend Lisa Walters introduced to me. But lately it has just been all things dairy. Milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. I have tried to be really good about it, but at the same time, if I can't stop thinking about the ice cream in the freezer no matter what I do, I don't hesitate to have a few scoops of it.
     I am still pleased to announce that I can do my 10 pushups in a row with out stopping. My stomach muscles clump together and turn my stomach into a concave hump when I do pushups so I can't get as close to the ground as I would like without hitting the baby. But I can still do those pushups even though they are semi modified now.
      On of the hardest things for me during this pregnancy is not being able to be as active as I once was, or as I would like to be. I was running around 2.5 to 3 miles up until around 32 weeks. But then I did something to my muscle. I don't know what. Some people thing it is sciatic pain, and some think it really could be a muscle issue. But anyhow, I can't run anymore let alone walk a lot. If I even just walk 2 to 3 miles I get really sore in my leg and have to take 4 to 6 days to recover from it. I am still doing some crossfit stuff, but at the same time, it all depends on how my leg is feeling. I am swimming laps twice weekly which has been good, but I am now at the point that my friends old stretched out race suit doesn't fit my belly very well so unless I find an alternative swimming suit I might have to be done with that here in a few weeks. I did attempt to ride my bike the other day, and I must say it was actually quite enjoyable. I surely could only bike 5 miles before I was completely wasted, but it was refreshing being able to get my heart rate up a little bit without having to worry about my leg hurting. I did look like a goof I am sure because I had to ride my bike a little differently than a person without a big belly would. But it was still enjoyable nonetheless.
    I am starting to feel like I will get all my baby-to-do list done before little boy comes. The list still feels a mile long, but I try to get at least one thing off the list now every week. Every day is hard. Especially with the longer projects. But slowing things are getting done.
      Joys of this past week are just being able to spend some time bonding with the baby. I have been looking into hypnobirthing a little bit. I haven't taken a class. I am just going to read the book and see what I think, but I found a relaxation MP3 from a hypnobirthing coach and have started to teach myself to meditate. Its actually harder than I thought it would be. I think I am a very alert person for the most part, so to let myself sink into a deep relaxation is kind of a challenge. But I do feel like each day that I practice I am able to relax a little bit more. So I guess it is a good thing I started practicing early. Maybe I will actually be able to relax during labor and what not.
    Paul was able to be here for General Conference this past weekend and it was so nice. I was grateful to be able to cuddle with him and listen to the words of the prophet. I am grateful for all the wonderful messages we received and all the guidance and counsel that I was able to take from their talks and use for my own life.
     Guess we will see how things go over the next few weeks!

36 weeks exactly. Feeling pretty good but a little large :)



I am feeling like I could pop at any time, but unfortunately I still have 4 weeks to go! Can I get any bigger??? Geez I sure hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment