Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas with the Burnett's

     Christmas got to come a week and a half early for Paul and I this year. Paul's brother Peter is getting married on the 27th of December in South Carolina and all of the family is going to fly back East for the wedding, so we had Christmas with the Burnett's early so that we would all be here together.
      Most of my teenage years I was not all up and in the the whole Christmas spirit thing, but ever since I have gotten married and essentially started my family with Paul, I have loved the Christmas Season and everything that comes with it. Anyway, this weekend we got to celebrate our Christmas together. It was kind of weird to think about open presents on not Christmas, but it was so fun to have the family all together.
      Even Eric and Amanda were able to be with us on "Christmas" with their two cute kids Sage and Milo.
     Today we opened our presents and Santa was even able to accomodate and come early for us. As far as presents go, Paul and I received some wonderful gifts. We are very grateful for all of the wonder things we were given today. Paul and I got sleeping bags that zip together. I am so excited to go camping and be able to zip them up together. Sage is almost two and it was so fun to see his expressions and reactions to everything that was going on. It has made me even more excited for our future children. I hope they will always enjoy time with their families the way I enjoy it now.
     Julie wanted all of us to sing a song in sacrament meeting, so we practiced for an hour yesterday and then pulled it off in sacrament. It was very spiritual to have everyone together singing of the Savior. I am so grateful that I was asked to help sing. It was a testimony to me of the Savior and his love for everyone.
     I still have a week of school left before I am on Christmas break. I know it is only five days of school, but I think I am going to be just as stoked for Christmas as the kids are. I surely hope that we can all stayed focused enough to learn something over the next five days. Then Paul and I will get to celebrate Christmas again with my side of the family before we leave on a plane for South Carolina and Virginia.

Only five more days... I can do it.....maybe... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment