Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

    YAY! Its that time of the year when families and friends gather together for food, memory making, and great company! Paul and I were lucky enough to visit our families here in Salt Lake. We spent Tuesday Night (11/20) with Paul's family. Paul's dad makes chocolates so he snatched us while we were visiting to help him make some of his deliciously famous hand dipped chocolates. We spent actual Thanksgiving with Paul's family. We did come visit my family before dinner and after. Paul played in a turkey bowl with my dad while my mom and I did an intense kick my butt workout. After dinner, we met here to have a late celebration of Paul's birthday, and figure out our plan of attack for Black Friday shopping.

     Walmart opened this year at 8:00 PM with all of their deals, so of course we had to be in on all the good stuff! We got there at about 7:40 with plans to split up and get what we needed to done. Paul, Tallus, and Lena all fought their way through the DVD selection while my mom and I got PJ pants and some clothes figured out. My dad was the set of wheels. He dropped us off and found some parking so we didn't waste time with that. When the sale finally started at 8:00 we had everything we needed and were checked out by 8:30. We did awesome.

     Paul had planned to get his laptop this weekend, (the one that I told him he could have for his birthday). He decided the store that he needed to get it from, and at around 11:30 left to get in line. Just in case there were tons of people showing up. Paul said he sat in front of Staples for almost 6 hours and by the time the doors opened there were only 15 people in line! I am glad I didn't have to sit in the cold for that long. My little brother loves me enough to have some "male bonding time" with Paul in the freezing cold weather. While it did stink that Paul had to waste 4 hours of his life, he was grateful that he got his "precious" laptop.

      Paul has spent the last few days trying to figure out how to use windows 8, and getting the hang of his cool new toy. We were able to visit with some of my friends from high school  (Courtney Leonard and Alyssa Mustoe) and see Breaking Dawn together, (I was a huge Twilight junkie in high school). It has been so wonderful to have time to relax, enjoy life, and spend time with family and friends. Its crazy to see all the changes that happen within our family, but I love it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment