Sunday, March 20, 2011

Marriage

I know I am pretty much a year behind in writing this, but pretend that all of my blogs are up to date. Eventually they will be. I hope. :)

March, 12 2011
Today is the beginning of the rest of my life. After 4 hours of sleep its almost time. Of course most of the morning was spent getting all prettied up. At about 9:30 or so Paul came to pick up his future bride. We went to the Draper Temple and pretty much did what ever the lovely temple workers told us to do.

While we were waiting for everything to be ready, our sealer came out and gave us a little bit of counsel. Robert D. Hait, son of David B. Hait came out and introduced himself to us. He told us how wonderful and hard life would be. While we were in the sealing room, Elder Hait had everyone laughing. It was a very respectful and spiritual ceremony, but it was also full of joy and laughter and lots of jokes. Before either of us new it, we were married!

Now I know that it is a kissing picture, but what can you expect when you just got married.

After the wedding we had to take pictures, of course, and that took only half of the day. ;) Its a good thing I was the happiest I have ever been, so all of the walking, and smiling, and pictures didn't really seem to bother me.

After all of the crazy picture taking, we had a wedding luncheon to attend to. Now, this wasn't just your average wedding luncheon, this was a Kylee style wedding luncheon!

We didn't have any special catering, or ice sculptures. It was all about fun and simplicity. Pizza and sandwiches baby! thats the way to have a party. :)



After the luncheon everything is a blur. I am pretty sure that we had a few hours to help set up the rest of the reception. I know that we were barely able to get to our reception and have it ready on time. But we were ready thanks to all of the wonderful help we had. 

Our reception wasn't any ordinary reception. I had always wanted to have a Luau for my reception. As you can tell by our decore, we did have a wonderful, festive Hawaiian Luau. 

 I think my favorite part was having my dad and several of my brothers/brothers in law to wear a lava lava for the reception. Now check out that cake! I think the bobble headed monkeys are the best part. The cake was a fiasco because Paul shoved it all over my face, but it was definitely a memorable event. 

After the reception we had to drive all the way to Park City. Our car was completely unrecognizable though, so our first stop was the car wash. 
Getting married was a wonderful experience. It was very chaotic and it all happened in a blur, but I am glad that I was able to survive through it all.  



No comments:

Post a Comment