Friday, March 11, 2011

Almost there.....

March 10 2011

     It is two days before I am getting married to the most amazing person in the world. I haven't seen him in almost a week and the anticipation of seeing him tomorrow is going to be so wonderful! This past week I have been working on the finishing touches for the wedding. Making sure dresses fit, getting food cooked, and setting up for the reception.
    Because I was having a luau for my reception, I wanted it to be kind of out doors-y. But because it was the beginning of March, and only two weeks ago there was snow on the ground, I figured I had no hope of having a warm out door reception. Paul and I decided to have our reception in the pavilion at my home ward. Despite being called a pavilion, it really is completely enclosed. So with a few industrial heaters and some decorations, it would look quite snazzy. Tomorrow we will have access to the pavilion for set up. Then it will be only a matter of hours before I will stand there with my new husband.

March 11, 2011
   
     It is Friday, and one day only before I am getting married! I am so excited, but the stress of it all is actually starting to dawn on me. We have to get everything set up today so that tomorrow will be a smooth transition. Basically as soon as I got up this morning I went over to the church to help my parents start setting everything up. We had to sweep and mop out the cement floor, hang decorations and pretty much turn an old, empty outdoor building into a building suitable for a luau!
   
     Paul came over today to help. It has been really nice to have the extra help. We surely wouldn't have gotten so much done if it weren't for him! At the very center of the pavilion there is a ring bolted into the ceiling. From this ring we wanted to hang a decoration, but we didn't have a ladder long enough to reach the top. With some creativity, we decidedly placed a step stool on top of a picnic table, then put the ladder on top of the step stool. With this rickety system, Paul climbed up the ladder and fished a rope through so we could have some awesome decorations. The whole time my mom and I were watching, we were just praying that we would be going to a wedding tomorrow rather than a funeral.

       At about five in the evening we had most of the decorations put up. The tables were set up, the foliage and decore were both in place, and the only thing that was left was a bride and a groom to be standing under our little hut. At five Paul had to leave to go and help his family with other wedding plans. I continued to set up little things here and there with my parents.

     My two cousins from Washington came into town, Morgan and Nicole, and they helped out a little bit as well. Around 7 P.M. my best friend arrived from Idaho. Lisa Walters was technically my maid of honor. Even though I didn't have one, she was the closest thing to it. She decided that we had to do one last thing as roomies before I was married.


     We decided to go get sushi! What a great way to spend the last few hours before you get married eh? It was great. The waiter even hit on both of us. Hehe. After an hour of just being girls and playing around we headed back to my house. I still had some things I needed to do to prepare for tomorrow's adventures.
      When we got back to my parents house, we had the privilege of making my bouquet! I had ordered a lot of loose plumeria flowers that I wanted to make a bouquet with. We got a Styrofoam ball and started poking pretty flowers into it. When we were done the bouquet looked really good. almost fake even! We also put together a few boutonnieres for the lovely gentlemen that would be in attendance. Maybe around 11:00 P.M. everything felt just about ready.
   
     It was then that I realized I needed to scrapbook some pages for our wedding book. I had printed some pictures of paul and I that I wanted to be in our guestbook and they hadn't been put together yet. While staying up late talking with Lisa and Morgan, I wondered what Paul was thinking about. Was he asleep already? Was he thinking about me? Was he just as excited yet nervous for what the new day would bring? With my head just swimming full of questions and wonderings I finally got the pages all put together.
      It is now 2:00 A.M. I am getting married in less than eight hours and I have not gotten any sleep. I probably should sleep. Even Lisa fell asleep before I did. I can do it. Just close your eyes and tomorrow will be here before you know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment