Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Long Wait

        Getting engaged in November and waiting until March to get married was a BAD idea! Four months is a long long time to wait, but no worries Paul and I found a lot of creative activities to get us through the next few months.
        The week after we were engaged it was Thanksgiving. Lucky for me I got to meet almost all of Paul's extended family on his Mother's side during the Thanksgiving holiday. After knowing Paul for four months  I have met almost his whole entire family. Even though I didn't memorize everyones name, I left knowing a few. :)
        I was working as a long term substitute while Paul was going to school so we kind of got to see each other. I also started working at Brian Head Ski Resort just to keep myself busy. The free season pass was a big incentive for me also. Because I worked at a ski resort, I was not able to get Christmas day off. I had to work the 23-28 of December. That meant that while my family was in Salt Lake having Christmas I would be here in Cedar all by my lonesome working. Paul's dad was kind enough to buy me a plane ticket from Cedar to Salt Lake so that I could come home and be with my family for a little bit, and also be with Paul's family for a few days. My family was supposed to meet Paul's family over Christmas break. We all had dinner at Paul's house and had an early Christmas. It was really cute and kind of interesting to have all of my family there with his family.
        After I flew back to Cedar City I had a long few days without being able to see Paul. Working Christmas Eve and Christmas  was definitely a new experience for me. My roommate Bambi was still in Cedar for Christmas as well so we kind of buddied up and spent time with each other. The Leavitt family also invited Bambi and I over for Christmas Eve. We were able to stay busy, socialize, and enjoy the company the Leavitt's wonderful family. Christmas day I was in for a special treat. After I got home from work, Paul came to see me. He drove all the way down from Salt Lake just to be with me on Christmas. We had our presents for each other and stockings to open. It was so great to be able to see him.
         On New Years Eve we went on a date. We went to see Tangled in the Theater! It was quite a treat. I had also moved out of my apartment and moved into the one that Paul and I would live in once we were married. Paul and I started to make a gingerbread house on New Years Eve. We didn't finish it for a month, but It gave us something to work on.
        The rest of the months from January until March didn't have any special occasions. I got a sub job substituting for special education and was working full time. Paul just continued to go to school. We did get to go to my brothers wedding in February. That kind of gave us a taste of what our wedding would be like in a month.
       Finally it was a week before our wedding, so I went up north to get everything ready. Poor Paul had to wait a whole week so see me, but in that time I got alot of stuff done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment