Sunday, September 15, 2013

And Here Comes Morning Sickness

     This week I actually felt morning sickness. Well thats what I think it was. I had a few days where I was very nauseas all day long. If I had a snack or got something in my stomach it would go away a little bit, but there were a few times sitting at work where I thought I was going to have to teach my groups with the garbage can right by my side. Thankfully I never lost my breakfast or lunch, but boy was I not feeling so great. Throughout the course of the week it has simmered down quite a bit. I have felt queasy here and there, mostly if I am hungry or smell something really strong.
    Part of me is very grateful for the morning sickness feeling, because I didn't feel that with the first pregnancy. That means that our little skittle is still growing strong inside. The other part of me is just hating life. The first day was so bad I really didn't know if I could last another 6 weeks of it. My heart goes out to all the moms that have had horrible sickness because I know I wouldn't last if I was vomiting all day long.
     In two days I will have made it farther than my previous pregnancy and I can't wait. It feels like if I can just get past 7 weeks I will be good to go. I feel really good about things this time though. I think the Lord was watching out for Paul and myself by making us wait a few extra months. I am eager and excited to see what will happen as the pregnancy progresses.
     It still doesn't feel all to real that we are pregnant, but I think as time goes on it will sink in a little bit more. We haven't told anyone yet. We want to wait until 12 weeks. I am more than halfway to that point now so that is good. I don't know if I can keep telling people no for much longer. It seems like so far to wait, yet, it has gone by just as fast. I hope that I can pay close enough attention through this pregnancy that I don't miss out on all the important things!

No comments:

Post a Comment