Monday, April 22, 2013

Birthday Weekend

     I was lucky enough to have my birthday on a weekend this year. Paul and I planned to go to SLC and see our families. Paul's parents wanted to take us to a REAL Salt Lake game and I wanted to go up to see my family, so it just happened to work out that we could go up and do all these fun things on my birthday weekend.
      Paul and I couldn't come up until late Friday night. Paul had an awards ceremony for accounting. He was honored as the outstanding senior in accounting. We got to go to a banquet and wear fancy clothing, smile a lot, and I got to talk to a bunch of people I didn't know. I just imagined myself as an important woman at a charity ball or something like that that you see in the movies. :) We drove to SLC after the banquet and pretty much went right to bed. Saturday morning, I went on a run with Paul's mom like usual, and then we did a little bit of shopping. Paul's dad, Rex, bought me my very first purse. I am not a super crazy girly girl. I have never had a purse before, but I decided that I was going to try it out and see what I thought. So far, I love it. I am still not a fan of myself being a purse girl, but it is so convenient to have everything I need right there with me!
      Later that evening all of Paul's family (except his little brother who is on a mission), went out to dinner, then to a REAL Salt Lake game. It was really fun. I am not a huge soccer fan, but Paul is, and after being married to him for two years, it is starting to grow on me a little. Just a little. We said our goodbyes after the game and went to visit my family.
     We spend most of Sunday with my family. My older brother Tyson and his wife came to visit and we had a great time. We played games and had a great dinner. Previously in the year I told my mom that the only thing I wanted to get for my birthday was a really nice backpack. Thats all I told her, and I told her that everyone in the family could chip in that was the only gift I really wanted. Somehow I lucked out. I got my go-light backpack from my family. Pauls parents got me a stove and fuel canister for backpacking as well. I am so very excited for my new camping items mostly because I need them for at least 3 trips I am doing this summer.
         We had a great trip in Salt Lake and are excited to get the summer rolling. There are only a few weeks left for me, and Paul is nearly finished. We can't wait for our summer adventures to begin.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!!! I didn't know that yellow purse was your first one ever!! Didn't I see you with a blue one today? :) Can't wait to play hand and foot again and kick your butt! ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete