Sunday, March 3, 2013

Trouble In Vegas Tournament

        Because Paul and I like to play frisbee so much, we go with the SUU club team to tournaments just to get some disc time in. We just recently played in the Las Vegas tournament "Trouble In Vegas." Now just so you know, ultimate frisbee is a big deal. Playing in a tournament is an even bigger deal, mostly because we get to play against some really bad bum ultimate players. Most of the tournaments I have played in have not been mixed, which means that the other team does not have to let girls play. They usually play all guys. For a girl like me thats a little challenging. Its fun, but guarding all guys all the time wears me out fast. This year the tournament actually had girls for me to guard.
         We got to play in 3 games on Saturday. Sadly we didn't win any of them, but we had so much fun it didn't matter. Frisbee just makes everything better whether we win or lose it always brings great happiness to my soul. While we didn't win, I had some AMAZING dives. I am not a huge diver, but I have been really trying to lately. Every time I think about that tournament, I just see visions of myself flying through the air. Man, it was great. Paul had a great time too. I just want to say that I am so very grateful I found an activity that I really enjoy that paul will play with me. It brings us together in an oddly competitive yet loving sort of way.
This is my awesome skid mark after my stellar dive!

Us just being content in between our games

The frisbee family. I just love these people!

These are some of the greatest girls I know! They are also amazing frisbee players!!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment