Friday, January 4, 2013

Virginia Beach

       The last full day that we had in Virginia was more of a chillax day. I really wanted to go to the ocean so we made a point of getting there. The morning was really relaxed. I went running and sat in the sauna for a little bit, came home, had some breakfast, then we decided where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to do. We decided to go to Virginia Beach and see if the water was warm enough to swim. Eric and Amanda wanted to go to a museum so they left a little earlier than we did. We left with Paul's parents a little after lunch time. The drive to the beach took us about an hour and a half, so we had a lovely little drive from Williamsburg to get there.

       When we got to the beach, the place was seriously abandoned! You could certainly tell that it was the off season. There was parking everywhere, (if I had to guess, it is nearly impossible to find parking there in the summer). We found ourselves a nice parking spot by the board walk, and headed out to the beach. We started collecting sea shells (I think its fun to try and find big ones). Julie told me we drove all this way for me to get into the ocean so she said I had to take my shoes off and get in the water. So I did.
     
 

I wasn't expecting the water to be
so cold. Yes, it is the beginning of January, but I really thought that the water would be warmer. It was SO. COLD. I asked Paul to take a picture of me so that I would have proof of being in the ocean in January, and he decided he wanted to try and make a video! So while I am standing in the water freezin my little hiney off he is trying to figure out the camera. I finally just begged him to take a picture so I could get out of the water. Thankfully he listened to me and snapped a picture.
 
      After collecting like 80 shells off off the beach side, we decided to walk the shops. Rex and Julie are collecting the state quarters, and when they go on vacation they go to stores to see if they can trade state quarters that they have for ones that they don't have. We would go into a store, look around, usually get something, then ask the cashier if we could look through their quarters for ones that we were missing. It sounds kind of weird and lame, but it was kind of fun. Paul got a new swimming suit and a hat out of it, plus we found a shop with some amazing popcorn flavors. Once we had our fun, we got back on the road and headed back to Williamsburg.
When we got back to the condo we realized that since we were leaving so early in the morning, we needed to get rid of as much food as we could. We bought ground beef thinking that hamburgers would be a great meal, and we had never used it, so tonight we said, "Hey, lets cook some burgers!" Eric and Amanda were still gone and I guess had eaten while they were out and about so we made some big hamburgers just to use all of the beef. Holy cow, the burgers turned out HUGE! I couldn't even finish one. Paul could barely get his mouth around it. They sure were good though.

The rest of the evening was just spent cleaning, and packing. We leave for home tomorrow, early in the morning; so we wanted to get as much cleaning done as we can so in the morning we can just pack up and head out.

I really can't believe that I spent a whole week over here on the East Coast. The time sure flies by so fast! I am so excited for all of the other adventures that Paul and I have in our future!





No comments:

Post a Comment