Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving at Snowbird

      This year my family had their time share at the Snowbird Cliff Lodge for the week of Thanksgiving. We were all up there at varying times, but somehow almost all of us managed to make it up for a few days in a row together. Paul was able to work remotely the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so our little family joined my My parents and younger siblings at Snowbird on Tuesday night. We stayed up later than we should have and played some games.
       Wednesday my dad and I went snowboarding. My mom so graciously watched Jace so I could play and Paul could work. My older brother Tyson was a crazy face and drove his daughter Gloria all the way up to Snowbird from Provo, then drove all the way back for work. Then when him and his wife were done working, they drove all the way back up again. I guess their day care provider doesn't hold day care so close to the holidays and they needed someone to watch Little Gloria. Kuddos to him for doing all that driving. I would have said its not worth it and called in dead to work or something. Jace and Gloria got into lots of trouble together and also entertained each other real good while Dad and I were out hitting up the slopes.
         When we first started skiing/snowboarding it was bad. The entire mountain was like a sheet of ice. There were some spots I was terrified to even stand because it was so slick so I slid on my butt a few times. We did what we could to have fun. Then took a break for lunch. I was honestly tempted to not go back out because the snow wasn't worth it. But my dad motivated me to get out and go. I am grateful I did though because it started snowing and an hour in there was a nice layer of powder over the ice. It was still a little precarious in some spots, but the slops were so much more enjoyable. We stayed out as late as we absolutely could. When all the lifts were closed we came home.

Yay for snow! We took this in the afternoon when after it had started snowing a bit. 

You can't really see much of the a background because it all blends in with the snow, but where that rope is behind me is actually a pretty big drop off. 

My daddy is such a stud!

The real storm hit after we were finished skiing, which was nice. But this is the view from our balcony. Its pretty great, I think. 

     I was hoping to get to bed early that night because my body was exhausted from snowboarding, but somehow my husband convinced me to stay up late and play games with the family. We had fun, and I am grateful I did, but boy was I loopy by the time I went to bed.
       Thanksgiving morning we all took it kind of easy. Every one took their turns cooking their portion of our Thanksgiving feast. Paul went to play in a turkey bowl with our ward, while the rest of us just loafed around. When we stay at the time share we get free passes to the bunny hill lift. So I borrowed my sisters skis and boots and took some runs down the bunny hill with Tanner and Dad. I switched half way through the day with Kess so she could get some practice in. I enjoy skiing. but I am not as good at it as I am snowboarding, so I try to practice every chance I get.

I made some yummy cranberry relish stuff that Paul's Aunt Susan taught me how to make, and Jace and Gloria decided it so yummy and they had to eat it. They particularly liked eating the cream cheese that you eat with the dip. 

That big glob of white is a chunk of cream cheese that Jace is eating with a small little cracker stuffed on the side. We literally caught Jace and gloria with crackers and huge gobs of cream cheese. We were all laughing so much it was hard to get upset at them for making a mess of the appetizers and stealing all the cream cheese. 

These two got into so much trouble together this week. We left them to play and found them playing in the toilet. Toilet paper everywhere, wet chunks of toilet paper everywhere, water everywhere, wet babies. I wish we would have gotten some pictures. We were in such a frenzy to get it all cleaned up that we didn't catch it on film! I am sure with these two being so close in age they will get into lots of trouble together. 

      Dinner was yummy and quick, but we all enjoyed the time that we spent together eating and talking and sharing memories. In between dinner and dessert we took Jace out to the pool. The pool is out doors, but its heated so you can swim in it in the winter. We didn't stay long because Jace and I both had colds and we didn't want to make them worse with the cold.
       We had our fun pies and desserts after everyone had warmed up and showered the chlorine from the pool off. Paul and I decided that we would drive home to sleep since we lived only 20 min away. Jace would sleep better in his own bed. Paul and I would sleep better with Jace in his own bed, and all in all, it just sounded nice to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment