Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easters 2015

     This year was Jace's first easter. He was almost old enough to enjoy it I think! The Easter Bunny brought him a few things, and his favorites were his cars, and his dum-dum suckers. We have been keeping most things pretty low key around here. "It all adds up" says Paul. Since we are saving for a house, we are really trying to keep our spending down so we can save a little more. But we still had a pretty good easter!
    We went to the Burnett's for breakfast on Sunday, and had a nice big breakfast with all of Paul's brothers, and their wives. After breakfast we were told that the "Easter Bunny" had come and hidden a basket for everyone and we had to find ours. Paul's dad loves Easter, and just LOVES watching all of us search the house to try and find our baskets. They get hidden REALLY well at the Burnett house. Usually I am the last one to find my basket, but somehow I found mine before Paul and half the other guys!! There were also a few plastic eggs outside for the grandkids to find. Jace seemed to have fun crawling to the eggs in the grass and then popping them open to attempt to eat the candy inside.
    The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. We watched conference at the in-laws, dyed some easter eggs in between sessions, then went to my parents for the second session of conference, and for dinner. After conference, we had a mega egg hunt at my parents. We told my dad to hide the eggs hard for adults, and then sent Paul in the opposite direction to hide some eggs my dad would have to find! It took us a while but we found all of the eggs but one. While we were outside playing Kub, Yulia managed to find the missing egg. I think my parents were especially grateful to not have a stinking, rotting egg in a few days.
     The rest of the evening was mostly spent relaxing and playing games as a family. Paul and I headed home after a while and went to bed. We have been so busy, (and when I say we, I mostly mean Paul), at our house lately that we don't spend a whole lot of time together. But it was nice this weekend to have Paul around and not busy with work. Busy season is almost coming to a close. I am almost counting down the days until it does!
Jace just loves the easter eggs! There was just a few pieces of candy in there so it would make noise. He LOVED to shake those eggs! But once he figured out how to open them, Paul and I had to keep a close eye on him so he didn't eat the Candy inside. 

Of the 30+ pictures we took of Jace for Easter, this is the only one where he is almost kind of looking at the camera. 

Jace just enjoying his horrible breakfast. He loves dum dums! And I like that they are small, and that there is a stick for him to hold on to so he doesn't try to swallow it. 

Paul showing off the goodies

Me just being silly posing with my basket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment