Sunday, June 23, 2013

Utah Summer Games

After getting home from girls camp at about 2:00 AM, I woke up at 6:30 to get ready for ultimate frisbee. I was completely exhausted, but so very excited at the same time. We played our first game against a mix of people that my team knew from playing in the Orem Ultimate League up North. We barely lost to them. It was a killer game. The ending score was 14-15 and honestly, we had a lot of crap calls from one of their team members which pretty much gave them the game. It was a little bit frustrating.
    After we lost, in order for us to place for a medal, we had to play a few extra games, and we couldn't lose any of the games to follow. We played another team and beat them. We didn't cream them, but it wasn't a super hard game. After that we played a team from Rexburg. They were a challenge. We had to play it smart, but we did it. This game was much closer than the previous one, but we pulled off a win.
      By this time, I was completely exhausted, so I tried very hard to drink lots of water. I think I downed about 6 liters of water through the course of the day. Which would explain why I seriously had to pee every 45 minutes. It was awful, but I was hydrated
    Because we won the Rexburg team we had to play the first team we played. We were determined to win. It was funny because the other team said that if they were losing by a whole lot, they were going to forfeit to save energy or something like that. We worked hard to kick their butts at the beginning. By the time we got to half time, we were ahead something like 8-3. We weren't very smart at the end though, and we let them catch up. We battled back and forth for the rest of the game and ended up pulling off a win. Because we beat them, we were now playing for the championship. The only bad thing about it was that the first place team hadn't lost any games, and we had lost one. In order to beat them for gold medal, we had to play two games against them and win.
     At the beginning of the game we were determined to beat them and win the gold medal. By halfway through the game, I think the rest of my team was still determined, but I had to pee so bad that I honestly just wanted the game to be over so I wouldn't have to keep making the trip to the outhouse. We didn't end up winning. It was very close, but just not quite. We got silver.

   
 At this point I was so relieved. I was so tired, so hot, and so not wanting to keep using the outhouse.  I had a blast playing frisbee with the alumni team this year. I wanted to go out with a bang. I could be pregnant next year or have a kid already, so I don't think I will get the chance to play in a tournament for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment