Sunday, September 16, 2012

One Hectic Week!

Last post I wrote I said that I was going to be better at blogging and, for this week at least, I am sticking to my word! Paul and I had a very crazy week. With work, and school, and clubs, and callings we maybe saw each other a few hours each day.

Monday for FHE Paul took me golfing. On Monday nights at the Cedar golf course you can get 2 people in for the price of one. We ended up taking my cousin Brytt, Paul's cousin Nicole, and one of Nicoles friends named Emily. All three of us girls had never golfed before, but we were excited to try. We started on hole 9 and it took us a while to get through the first hit. The manager of the golf course came and told us that it might be more fun if we played scramble and hit off the best hit ball. We figured that would be the best way to go unless we wanted to be playing golf for the next 12 hours. We didn't get all the way through 9 holes before it got dark, but we got through at least 5 of them. The boys were a little bummed we didn't golf more. But as far as the girls were concerned, just driving the golf cart was enough to keep us entertained.

Thursday was another chaotic day. Apart from our regular daily activities of work and school, Paul had an accounting social where McGladrey came up and gave a presentation about their company. I went up to the SUU cabin with Paul to attend this fancy dealio. It was kind of interesting to hear what the company had to say. They gave us a lot of insight about their company and I really feel like that could be a good company for Paul to work for. Guess we will see what happens. After the presentation, we hurried down the canyon to get to our softball game that started at 9:30 PM. We play on a co-ed city league and haven't won a game yet. We thought that this week would be the week we won. We played an amazing game. We hit hard, fielded well, and had an amazing pitcher, (Paul was pitching). With 6 seconds on the clock we got our third out and had to start a new inning. The team then scored 6 to win the game by one point! It was so stinking frustrating to have six seconds on the clock, be ahead by 5, then just lose. But all in all it was the best game our team has played so we were ok with the ending.

Saturday we did a hike with the young men and young women of our ward. We hiked up to Kanarraville falls. Kanarraville is a really pretty hike up and through a slot canyon that takes you to a waterfall that is basically like a water slide. It has been pretty cold in Cedar lately so I kinda thought that the water would be a little chilly, and boy was it! Most of the hike was uneventful. We got up to the waterfall and only two leaders got in the water. The group went up to a higher waterfall, but I stayed behind with one of our young women that got hurt. When they met us back down at the lower waterfall I sucked it up and went down the slide. I had to show the young women that I was no wussy! The rest of the hike down I was freezing! But eventually when we got out of the slots and into the sun I started to warm up a little bit more. When we got back from the hike, Paul and I ran to our garden, did a little shopping, then came home and canned some peaches and tomatoes. He asked me to watch the BYU UofU game with him. I have to say it was a frustratingly intense game. It was good, but there were times where I really wanted to pull my hair out. It is a bummer that BYU lost, but at the end they played a good game.




This week really has been crazy, but the little things make it all worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment